Wednesday 22 August 2012

A LITTLE BOY WITH MONEY

A Little boy with money is my mother's definition of what a man is. She has been applying this definition to my father and me ever since I can remember. Today is the sort of day I understand what she means because it's my fourteenth wedding anniversary and, as is usual on these occasions, birthdays, Christmas etc my wife has bought me a £50 voucher to spend on itunes. Therefore I have all this money burning a hole in my,  metaphorical, pocket but I don't have the time to sit and spend it since it's 8 A.M. and I have to go to work shortly.

In which case, like a kid in a sweet shop, I'll spend the day attempting to decide what to spend it on. Will I by something completely new? Will I put some of it towards adding to or completing my collection of certain artists,(I still have a couple of Pink Floyd albums to get) or will I use it to replace some of the albums that have got lost, stolen, swapped or "weeded" over the years? Also, will I spend it all in one go or will I have the restraint to keep  some back for future purchase, especially in the short term since, both, Elbow and The XX are due to release new stuff in the next few weeks?

It's going to be a long day until I can get back on my computer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment