Wednesday 12 June 2013

Sinead O'connor - How About I Be Me And You Be You

It's been a while since I've blogged and hadn't really thought of doing so again until I started listening to this today. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Sinead since her first album The Lion and The Cobra but this is the first album I've owned for a few years.Frankly, it's pretty great.
Over all, the impression is of a album full of positivity and, even, humour e.g. The Wolf Is Getting Married.  But it wouldn't be a Sinead O'Connor album without delving into darker subjects such as the failure of the Catholic church to deal with the abuse scandal Take Off Your Shoes. There's a couple of covers in John Grant's "Queen of Denmark and Tim Buckley's "Song to The Siren." My personal favourite is Old Lady because its so full of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment