Monday 17 June 2013

Alberta Cross - Broken Side of Time


I did the first posting for awhile last week so I thought I'd try and keep things going for a bit.I got this album from a friend I used to work with. We worked in different parts of the country but we'd meet up 3-4 times a year at training events etc and swap cd's we'd made for each other and try and out geek each other with our musical knowledge, apparently Bombay Bicycle Club aren't from Swansea after all, who knew?? Unfortunately he moved on and I haven't been able to find anyone, at work at least, with the requisite level of geekiness to replace this valuable source of new music.

Anyway, back to the album. It's fine, nothing earth shattering but nothing especially memorable either. I'm happy to listen to it if it shuffles on the ipod but I'm not sure I'd think to myself "wow, its ages since I listened to Alberta Cross , I must make the effort."

In terms of sound or genre, it's like Jane's Addiction channelling Bruce Springsteen. Which has some merits but only a few.

Perry Farrell of Jane's Addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment