Friday 14 September 2012

ColdPlay - Viva La Vida

After watching the Paralympics the other night, I decided that, rather than letting shuffle decide which would be the next album I'd blog about, I'd jump straight to Coldplay.

In general, I have a bit of an odd "relationship" with Coldplay really. I've bought most of the albums, except the latest one, on the basis that I've enjoyed the singles they release. However, once bought, the number of times I've listened to the albums, as a whole, never mind individually, can be counted on less then two hands. It's for this reason that I didn't buy the latest album, well that and the stupid title, anything that dumb deserves to sink without a trace!

I've listened to the album several times in the last few days but i can't say that this resulted in developing a greater affection for it than I had previously. I've found listening to the whole album a bit of an ordeal really. I think the best way to listen  is to have it as a bit of background rather than making it the centre of your attention. At least then you can have something to distract from the blandnees and the singers limited singing ability. For me the best part of Coldplay is the drummer and if the best thing you can say about a band is that they have a greater drummer, I think they're in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment